How to strip a wire
Stripping a wire is one of the first things you need to learn when it comes to anything electrical. It's also very easy to do.
Level of difficulty: Easy
Estimated time taken: 2 minutes
- Wire strippers
Step 1: Find the correct gauge
- Wire strippers have multiple different gauges for stripping wire that will match most sizes of wire you are working with.
Step 2: Cut the coating
- Stick the wire into the correct gauge
- Apply pressure until you go through the coating
- Spin the wire cutter all the way around the wire
Step 3: Strip the wire
- After rotating all the way around the wire, pull the stripper toward the end of the wire to remove the coating